COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT: Level Up 2020 CANCELLED
The health and safety of our customers, partners, suppliers, and employees is our top priority. LogicMonitor has been closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is adhering to all restrictions and guidance provided by governmental agencies, international organizations, and global health authorities.
In accordance with Austin’s ban on public or private gatherings of more than 250 people put in place by Austin Mayor Steve Adler as part of the Order declaring a Local Disaster in the City of Austin, LogicMonitor is canceling Level Up 2020.
Hotel & Accomodations
JW Marriott Hotel - Downtown Austin
110 E 2nd St, Austin, TX 78701
Level Up Room Rate: $239/night
Booking available until Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:00pm CSTBook now
Powered by AWS & LogicMonitor
What is AWS GameDay?
This new addition to Level Up 2020 is an interactive team-based learning exercise designed to give players a chance to put their LogicMonitor and AWS skills to the test in a real-world, gamified, risk-free environment. Most importantly, it is an extremely fun way to learn more about the ways you can use LogicMonitor to monitor AWS environments- without the step-by-step instructions provided in workshops or classroom-style sessions. If you are seeking an open-ended, and at times ambiguous, style of training then GameDay is the perfect challenge for you.
This is a completely hands-on opportunity to learn about AWS best practices, AWS services, AWS architecture patterns, while leveraging LogicMonitor in problem-solving. Each participant will be placed into a team of 4, so you must communicate effectively with one another in order to operate most efficiently as a team. You will have access to AWS and LogicMonitor experts who will support you as you work through various scenarios.
All you need in order to participate are a laptop and charger (no tablets), a web browser, the AWS CLI, and an SSH client pre-installed on your machine. We will provide you with a free AWS account that you will work in throughout the day.
The backdrop of every GameDay event is our famous (fictitious) narrative. Participants will become part of our brand new hot startup Unicorn.Rentals, and the event is actually their new hire orientation at the company. Read The Scenario below for more information.
Congratulations on your new position at Unicorn.Rentals! We are the largest provider of mythical creatures in the world, and we are seeking elite talent to take our business to the next level since our former Ops team left to pursue a digital currency venture. We need the cream of the crop to come in and fix all the problems our former teams caused.
After just a few short years as a company, Unicorn.Rentals continues to dominate the Legendary Animal Rental Market (LARM). Time and again we continue to fulfill the needs of parents who have caved to their childrens' demands of temporary use of a unicorn. As part of our continued market dominance, we are continuously expanding, and investing in training programs for our growing team of developers.
To hit the ground running, make sure to have a web browser, the AWS Command Line Tools (AWS CLI), and an SSH client pre-installed on your machine. An AWS account is not required, one will be provided to your team at the start of your new hire onboarding.
In conjunction with Unicorn Rentals bringing in Threatslayer to help on the backend, we recently bought into LogicMonitor to monitor our environment so this will be the first true use of their monitoring platform. LogicMonitor can help us monitor and alert on any issues that might come up with our microservices while Threatslayer is working in the background. It is crucial to monitor these microservices and keep them updated if anything changes, goes down, or breaks. It is imperative we survive the day and still have jobs tomorrow.
- What is the status of the event with regard to the developing COVID-19 situation?
- We are closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and any potential impact it might have on the conference. At this time, there is no plan to cancel or postpone Level Up 2020. We are following guidance issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and US Federal Government to continuously assess any risk to attendees. For more information about the virus, please visit the CDC website.
Registration & Pricing
- When does early bird pricing end?
- Early Bird pricing of $595 runs until and March 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM. From then on, conference passes will be $795.
- Is there a group discount for Level Up?
- If you are interested in sending a group, contact [email protected] to find out how to get discounts on group tickets!
- When and how can I register for Level Up?
- Registration opens December 18, 2019. You can register online from this website up until the first day of Level Up using a credit card.
- What activities are covered with my Level Up registration?
- Your Level Up registration includes all 2 days of sessions; mainstage, breakouts, the exhibit hall, breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday, and all of the evening networking events.
- How do I cancel my registration?
- Cancellations made on or before March 27, 2019 will receive a full refund. There will be no refunds given after March 27, 2019. Your registration may be transferred to a colleague at any time. Please email [email protected] to request a cancellation or substitution.
- Are the evening social events separate from Level Up? Is there a price to attend?
- The Wednesday night welcome reception and Thursday night Level Up party is included in your registration, so no additional fee is charged.
- When is AWS GameDay and what's it all about?
- AWS GameDay will take place on Pre-Conference Day - Wednesday, May 27th. AWS GameDay is an interactive team-based learning exercise designed to give players a chance to put their AWS and LogicMonitor skills to the test in a real-world, gamified, risk-free environment. You can learn more about AWS GameDay here.
- Is there a charge to participate in AWS GameDay?
- No, this is completely free for those who choose to participate!
- Can I bring a plus one to the evening social events?
- Because this is an industry event, we want you to get the most out of your networking opportunities. Plus ones are not invited to participate in the social events.
- Are meals provided with my Level Up registration?
- All scheduled meals included in the agenda are included as part of your Conference Pass fee. This includes light appetizers at the Wednesday evening Welcome Reception and the Thursday night Level Up Party.
- How do I make any changes to my registration?
- Please email [email protected] with any update requests to your registration.
Pre-conference Training & Certification Day
- When is the Training and Certification day taking place?
- The Pre-conference Training and Certification day will take place on Wednesday, May 27.
- Is Training and Certification separate from Level Up? Is there a price to attend?
- Yes, the Pre-conference Training and Certification day is separate. You can review the offerings and register for workshops here. Early bird pricing for Training and Certification is $285 (ending March 22). After March 22, Training and Certification pricing will be $385.
- Which certifications will be offered during the Training & Certification day?
- You can see all Certifications being offered here. Attendees will pick 3 total sessions to attend and will receive a certification from each.
- Is there a hotel room block? What hotel?
- Yes. Level Up is being held at the JW Marriott Hotel Austin, 110 E 2nd St, Austin, TX 78701
- What is the room rate for the hotel block?
- $239 for single occupancy
- What dates are the hotel rooms blocked for?
- May 27-29, 2020
- How do I make my hotel reservations for Level Up?
- You can call reservations at 1-888-236-2427 and mention you are with LogicMonitor for Level Up conference. Or, you can use this online reservation link.
- What if I need to cancel my hotel room reservation?
- You can cancel your room reservation with a full refund up to 30 days prior to your arrival. Any cancellations after the 30 day cut-off will incur a cancellation charge of one-night’s room charge.
- How do I get from Austin-Bergstrom airport to the JW Marriott hotel?
- The Austin airport is located just outside of Austin and is about a 20 minute drive to the JW Marriott.
- Taxis and Rideshare (Uber/Lyft), and Rental Cars:
From Terminal Upper Level (Ticketing/Passenger drop off): Exit the Barbara-Jordan Terminal and take one of the marked pedestrian crosswalks through the garage to the Rental Car Facility.
Walk, take the shuttle, or call for wheelchair assistance to the Rental Car Facility and Taxi/Rideshare App Pick-Up located on Level G of the Rental Car Facility.
From Terminal Lower Level (Baggage claim): All pedestrian walkways lead to the garage. Exit the Barbara-Jordan Terminal and take one of the marked pedestrian crosswalks to the garage. From Garage Level 1, take the shuttle, elevator or stairs up to Garage Level 2 and use the pedestrian walkway between columns J and K to Taxi and Ride App Pick-Up located on Level G of the Rental Car Facility.
Know Before You Go
- How can I stay current on the Level Up agenda and activities?
- Please check back to the Level Up event website for the most up-to-date agenda and information.
- Code of Conduct
- Level Up is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers
- Will the event be filmed and photographed?
- Yes, you may see photographers or videographers documenting Level Up. By registering for Level Up, you grant permission to LogicMonitor to record and photograph you during Level Up and use the recordings in media and outreach related to LogicMonitor and its activities. Recordings may be distributed in LogicMonitor publications and other materials, including but not limited to the LogicMonitor newsletters and website, external print publications, social media, video productions, and internal documents.
- What should I wear?
- Come as you are. Be casual and comfortable. Remember that most of your time will be spent inside and event spaces tend to get cool. Plan to layer! It’s the start of summer and Austin can get quite warm.
- Are there sponsorship opportunities?
- Yes, we will have a mobile app. All registrants will be notified when it launches before the conference.
Early bird pricing ends March 22.
Need to convince the powers that be to let you come?Download our Justification Letter